Do you feel like not going to work in the mornings? Is it hard to motivate yourself to repeating the same crap routine work over and over again? Why so negative? If your work sucks, your boss suck, your co-workers suck and your company suck, you might be heading into a motivational valley in the very near future. This could be a challenge to turn around as everybody else has a problem, or not you? Or am I wrong?
I believe that there is no such thing as a bad company, a bad leader, bad management, bad co-workers, bad hair days… It is just your perception of reality that is a bit screwed up. It all comes down to your own attitude towards everyday challenges. No, really? Yes, absolutely!
What is inside your head?
After reading Rao Srikumars great book – Are you ready to succeed? I realized that we have a little companion inside our very own mind. This little bastard is extremely negative, trying to show you everything that is wrong in your life. Just go to a park and sit down to watch the people around you, within a split second you might have made an opinion about everyone in sight. Chances are that most of the people have flaws, huge flaws that your little companion is trying to convince you are true. But if you think about it, you do not know the truth about these people at all and how could you? The same principle applies in all other aspects of your life.
Life is your choices!
It is always your choice to be positive. If you are a positive force, and implement positive energy into your job, co-workers and surroundings you will experience positivity in return. The trick is to be constructive to things you feel have a negative impact on you. It is not your right to try to make other people adapt a negative view that you are holding. Share positivity and strangle negativity. The point is that you can decide to have a great day at work, from the very moment you wake up in the morning. If you are in a rough spot right now, try to go to work tomorrow with one mission, to make as many happy people as you can, and later that evening try to reflect and think about what this exercise did to your own perception of your job.
12 things you could do.
- Serve coffee to fellow co-workers
- Buy a bowl of fruit/candy/biscuits and put on your desk for co-workers to enjoy.
- Make sure you brag about someone’s great job done, to at least 2 or more people.
- Smile all day!
- Talk about a great book you have read and own, and if someone is interested offer to loan it to this person.
- Write a post-it note to someone and thank them for anything positive they have done. Stick it on their desk/monitor before they arrive at work.
- Make sure to find a positive view on every topic discussed both professional and at breaks.
- If what you got to say is negative, shut up! Do not speak in a negative tone for the entire day.
- If you can help someone during the day, smile and just do it.
- Tell a joke.
- Enjoy your new day at the office, take 5 minutes in the middle of the day, just to reflect on the day so far, and try to figure out what to do next.
- And do your job with high quality. Be proud and focused.
A lot of people believe in Karma. What you do will come back to you. At work, this does work. If everybody makes an effort to create a positive aura around the office, there is a chance that several of your co-workers are trying to make you happy as well. And if you decide to be negative, you will attract those that agree, and they will feed you with negativity, you will be a crap magnet that experience a day at the office that suck.